3 July 2016

Don Quixote

Here's the full-release of Shiriagari Kotobuki's The Wandering Senior, Don Quixote! This is a project I've had my eye on for some time but it was indefinitely shelved due to lack of raws, so much thanks go out to Habanero scans for providing me with raws, as well as Kennit for editing. I was planning on doing a longer Some Thoughts post for this, considering Shiriagari's a rather unique mangaka whom fans of non-mainstream manga should definitely note, but I'm a little too busy right now for that (perhaps I'll save it for when I do another Shiriagari manga). I will say, however, that this particular manga showcases Shiragari's great use of surrealist art and storytelling, resulting in a social commentary which would have come out ham-handedly preachy in any lesser hands. So do give it a go, and tell me what you thought of it.

In other news, you can expect some Hoshino Yukinobu, Yasuhiko Yoshikazu, and motherfucking KATOU SHINKICHI amongst other things from me this summer.

Download:
The Wandering Senior, Don Quixote:   Mega

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the upload. It certainly has more identity and more impact than many other mangas I've read in a while. Please keep it up (if you feel like it of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for scanlating the 'good' stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the translation of this very peculiar work. It is refreshing to see something like this every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katou Shinkichi? Aw shit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series is quite unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it so much i (mentally) jerked off to it, that came out wrong, but not entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KATOU SHINKICHI....!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was good but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on it not being "ham-handily preachy"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Hox, how about Heros Biographia - Plutarch no Eiyuudensetsu - mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=110184 ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been suggested before, but last time I checked, I couldn't find raws. If you can find them, let me know.

      Delete
  11. Hox you forgot Canute is a king now, and therefore is addressed as His Majesty not High Highness in the latest chapter.

    Great job though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a far bigger mistake than that in the last page. I hope you read the fixed version.

      Delete
  12. Thanks a lot!
    And also a teensy suggestion: you definitely know about Sunny by Matsumoto Taiyou and raws are out there, so why not pick it up? Isn't it that interesting to you? Thanks for your answer beforehands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only reason I haven't done it is because it's licensed by Viz and they only have one more volume to release. Not much point in myself doing it.

      Delete
  13. Can we expect more historical works by Yokohama Misuteru in the future?

    ReplyDelete